Census Advocacy and Publicity Campaigns
For the census to succeed, it is necessary to solicit the support and cooperation of the community leadership and the public at large. Various committees have already been formed or are in the process of being established at GoSS, state and county levels to spearhead census advocacy and publicity campaigns. To this effect, a Presidential decree has been issued for this purpose. The main committees are:
- The Southern Sudan Population Census Council - Functioning
- Southern Sudan Census Financial Committee - Functioning
- Census Advocacy and Publicity Committee - Functioning
- State Population Census Committees - In process of being established
- County Population Census Committees - In process of being established
A census advocacy and publicity strategy is being developed to provide guidelines on how best to promote census awareness and sensitise the public on the whole census process.